The largest corec tourney in the midwest is back for it’s 22nd year!!! Last year’s champs, the Beltway Roadrunners, look to defend the title and retain the highly sought after Broomfest trophy. Oxford Ohio offers a great after-party for the participants with the local bar, “Top Deck,” being host bar at this years tourney. The hardest shot contest is always a tourney favorite. Last year’s winners Andrew Miller and Ellie Lutz shot 69 and 56 mph respectively to take the titles. Only 14 team spots remain and will fill fast. Live stream for this years tourney will be available on the BBC Live Facebook page.
The next installment of everyone’s favorite broomball tournament is nearly four months away, but it’s never too early for us to start rounding up teams for 2019. We had an amazing turnout and event last year and hope that all of you are able to join us again. Hopefully everyone caught our “save-the-date” posts online, but if you missed it please see details for Broomfest 2019 below.
- Date: Saturday, August 10th
- Location: Goggin Ice Center – Oxford, Ohio
- Registration Fee: $435/team
Tournament structure and rules will be the same as 2018.
- Registration open to first 16 teams signed up and paid
- Co-ed gameplay will limit teams to 4 male players on the ice at one time.
- Skill level is intended to be C/D at Broomfest. Therefore no team may roster more than 2 A-Level male players.
- Players on any men’s team that qualifies for the A-Bracket at the 2019 USAB National Championships will be considered “A-Level”
- We get clarification questions on this every year, so please don’t hesitate to reach out.
If you’re ready to hit the ice (and bars) with us again this summer, please REGISTER YOUR TEAM HERE! 2 captains have already taken advantage of early registration from last year, so be sure you’re one of the next 14 to make the cut!
See you soon gang,Brian RankineBroomfest Tournament Co-Director